Sunday, September 15, 2013

Learning Japanese

こにちは,

This blog will be a home for my observations while learning the Japanese language. I am currently in the 4th Week of my semester studying Japanese 101. At this point I have learned Hiragana, basic greetings, and some basic information questions. My goal is to post 2-3 times a week to discuss my observations about the language that I gather while delving into Japanese.

This is not a place where I will post my vocabulary lessons or practice. This is a place where I will note my hypotheses about what I notice in the language, such as syntax or phonological comparisons. Please realize that I am coming into this language with no previous Japanese instruction (although, I am slightly familiar with some basic Korean, and I am fluent in Mandarin Chinese).

Please fill free to add information, questions, and observations that you would also like to share.

I am a studying Japanese to complete the third language requirement for my Ph.D. program in Applied Linguistics at Ball State Univerisity.

さようなら!

No comments:

Post a Comment